Monday, June 23, 2008

Trevor Hanson

This is Trevor finishing up his last leg. It was a rough one. We didn't dare warn him about the hill at the end. Why think about it more than necessary!
This is him at the end of his first leg. The heat was miserable. Unlike Chris E. he was more than happy to receive all the water we offered him.
He ran with more ease on his second run in the middle of the night. There was no heat and although it was more than 7 miles long, it was downhill, and he Rocked!



1. How long did you train and what did you do to train? (2 months and it showed. I ran 4 to 5 miles on a treadmill 10 different times. Result - under prepablack by about 30 runs. I desprately needed outside (sun) exposure.
2. Why did you pick your particular leg? (It was the second best choice for the van I was in and it kept me from dying on the trail).
3. What did you enjoy the most about your experience? (The challenge, the people we ran with, the environment (mountains))
4. Share something funny that happened to you during the weekend or something you thought was humorous. (Complete lack of personal privacy. For example, I was stretching my legs on the ground and he was about 5 yards away changing for his leg after mine....he said, "oops, that woman over there just watched me drop my shorts.....oh well..."
5. How do you feel you did on your legs? (Leg 1 - horrible, heat exhaustion about killed me, I didn't use any water to keep me cool and it was about 90 degrees with no breeze. My time stunk. Leg 2 I made up for my bad leg 1 by averaging 8 min miles for 7.1 miles (night run, obviously). Leg 3 was bad again as my right knee felt like it was going to explode. I had no choice but to walk a couple of the hills...wimp).
6. Would you do it again? (absolutely ...and I'll be more ready this time).
7. Share a highlight of your experience or something you want to say about the race. (Amazing experience. Something I wish everyone I knew could experience. The only area that could be improved would be the available food. When running so much I needed better calories. I'll plan on more substantial, healthy food next time to keep me stronger...plus my nerves would be more settled now that I'm "experienced')

No comments: