Monday, June 23, 2008

Jeff Moore

"Rough" does not even begin to cover it.

Jeff and his lovely wife. His family came to see him run his last leg, and boy was it a nasty one. Just when we thought it couldn't get worse, the road turned to dirt.

How is it that he can run like a champ without having trained very much?




1. How long did you train and what did you do to train? Ran a few times up by Brighton. I had a unique taper strategy where I didn't run the last 3 weeks before the race. I wanted my legs to be extra fresh and ready to go.
2. Why did you pick your particular leg? I told Sepp I'd take anything. Not sure if we can be friends anymore after the sections he dealt me.
3. What did you enjoy the most about your experience? Definitely the camaraderie.
4. Share something funny that happened to you during the weekend or something you thought was humorous. During my trek up "you've got to be kidding me" hill from hell, nature called. It was just my luck that 3 vans full of people drove by as I dropped my drawers.
5. How do you feel you did on your legs? I think I felt the grim reaper licking his chops a few times. The night run was pretty fun though.
6. Would you do it again? For sure! This race was motivation to get back in shape. I want a blacko.
7. Share a highlight of your experience or something you want to say about the race. I really enjoyed my time with everyone. I'm looking forward to next year!

No comments: