Monday, June 23, 2008

James Andrus

I truly do not know why people take pictures of stuff like this. I thought it was perfect for Jim's personal account of the experience. I edited the pic and hope no one will come after me.


1. How long did you train and what did you do to train? I trained for years. Running from dogs, the bully in High School, my wife. It all contributed to my stellar performance. There simply wasn't anybody on our team who raced better than me.
2. Why did you pick your particular leg? The level of difficulty on my leg(s) was obviously more than anybody else could take. I was happy to take one for the team.
3. What did you enjoy the most about your experience? I enjoyed very much the opportunity to have people get to know me better. I recognize and appreciate that it is such an uplifting and edifying experience to get to know me. Again, this was a service I was willing to render. And for this very reason, I will be doing the race again next year. It simply isn't fair for people not to know me.
4. Share something funny that happened to you during the weekend or something you thought was humorous. Honestly? The funniest thing that happened was my near collapse after running my first leg for only five minutes. Seriously, what was I thinking not training for this? THAT will never happen again.
5. How do you feel you did on your legs? Poor, medium and medium to poor.
6. Would you do it again? You won't be able to keep me away.
7. Share a highlight of your experience or something you want to say about the race. The highlight of this race for me was my generous and willing sacrifice to be the "road kill" for just about every other team in the race. Again, it was my pleasure to serve and take one for the team. Somebody had to do it.

No comments: